Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 647-874-1144
· Over 6 years of Information Technology experience in Business Analysis and Team leading in Mortgage, Banking, Insurance, and Government industries
· Experienced BSA in developing Process Work Flow, Functional Specifications, and prepared Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Functional Specification Document (FSD)
· Strong Knowledge of various SDLC methodologies and Project Life Cycle
· Expertise in Data Modelling, Business Process Modelling and developed data flow diagrams
· Skilled in Project Planning, Resource Allocation, Task Allocation and Task Monitoring
· Experience in interacting with business users to identify information needs and initiating process changes, Requirements gathering, and authoring Use cases using UML
· Experience gathering requirements on model driven and prototyping techniques
· Expertise in developing UML artifacts: Domain modeling, Use Case documentation, Use case diagrams, activity diagrams, Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams and state charts
· Expertise in user interface development by performing screen Mock ups to provide best user experience
· Experienced working in extract, transform and load tools
· Flexible, innovative and ability to thrive in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment
· Microsoft office experience includes expertise using excel in data analysis and processing including excel function Vlookup, index match, pivot table, visual basic and macros
· Project experience includes Project Management, Project coordination, customer interaction and leadership responsibilities
· Outstanding organizational skills including ability to multitask prioritize and manage increasingly complex issues
· Strong work ethic, taking ownership of all duties and responsibilities and meeting management skills
· Group and individual based problem solving and decision-making
Aviva Insurance, ON (Jan 2017 – till date)
Sr. Business Analyst
Project: Claims Management System
Claims management system would be used to adjudicate claims requests from Auto Insurance policyholders. The Claims Management system is upgraded and implemented for infrastructure Upgrade.
· Worked with SME’s to get good understanding of business rules that drive system logic and integrated them into the documents.
· Involved in Use Case Analysis with business team, which provided the framework for potential use case deliverable and their relationships, and allow for maximizing software reuse.
· Documented User Requirements with MS Word as the editing tool and Rational Rose to develop the use cases.
· Performed Back End Testing and prepared test data for testing team using SQL queries.
· Worked with the testing team to design and write test strategies for various phases of testing.
· Documented Data Flow Models to represent data exchange between applications.
· Approved Use Cases and Story Boards to ensure Business Requirements are met.
· Documented Audit requirements to ensure privacy compliance (personal and banking information).
· Documented business rules to ensure proper system behavior.
· Conducted meetings with business users, eliciting requirements to further define and document business and functional requirements
· Applied UML approach to generate Use Cases and Activity Diagrams from gathered requirements
· Conducted weekly meetings with CWB users and other SMEs and provided monthly prototypes of the application enhancements
· Assisted the database designer using ER diagrams to identify entities, attributes and relationships
· Conducted walk through for the development and QA teams
· Guided and signed off on test cases and played pivotal role in defect lifecycle
· Assisted in creating user manuals and trained claims department on enhanced functionalities of the system
Environment: Java1.2, Servlets, MS-Project, Rational Rose, Ms-Visio, Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, Clear Case, HPQC, Web logic 5.1, XML, Windows NT, Crystal reports, SQL, Jira.
CIBC Bank, Toronto, ON (Oct 2014 – Nov 2016)
Sr Business Analyst
Project: Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Business Analyst on Customer Marketing Client Profitability Project – a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) initiative to monitor, calculate and gauge how profitable a client(s) is across all lines of business of the bank and create a unified client profile system in-order to market appropriately to clients.
· Provided front line support to the organization with regards to all aspects of the CRM functionality and related data integrity.
· In-depth discussions with top level management within Finance, LOBs such as Wealth Management, Lending, Consumer Deposits, Insurance, Credit Cards, and Discount Brokerage so as to understand Business needs.
· Lead effective brainstorming and design sessions to bring out detailed requirements and issues within a project. After which created User Interface Diagrams and prototypes of the new interface and On-demand reporting system for further review and analysis to meet the business needs.
· Performed Business analysis to define and document needs and requirements, supported the Business relationship.
· Managed in assessing needs and opportunities for new services and processes through research, feasibility, and business case analysis, and implemented the solution using Waterfall in SDLC.
· Identified project stakeholders and designate critical stakeholders as SMEs; outlined project system scope, detailed workflows and high-level system capabilities.
· Documented the use cases utilizing MS Visio, prototyped to evaluate user needs and check the feasibility of system implementation.
· Generated screens mock-ups to specify system output, and assess to other internal application technologies.
· Created and elaborated UML design artifacts, workflows and activity diagrams.
· Desk- Side Support: supported QA and Development team during the development phase.
· Supervised the generation of application user training manual and involved in end user training sessions.
· Prepared change requests from developers input and prepared regular status update notes and project update for the project manager.
· Supported the project manager to ensure that the project remained within timelines and that there was no scope creep.
Environment: Microsoft Office, EDI, SOA, XML, Web Services, SQL, MS VISIO, MS Project, SAP, Jira
Canadian Western Bank, Edmonton, AB (Mar 2013 – Sep 2014)
Senior Business Analyst
Project: Mortgage underwriting system
The project was about implementing an expedited mortgage loan pre-qualification system to automate loan applications process. Upon implementation of this tool, the long and time consuming human process involved in validating borrower details would be eliminated and verifying borrower compatibility with various loan products would be efficient.
· Planned and gathered requirements from various business stakeholders and communicated them with the SME’s and technical team members.
· Participated in department requirements workshops to scope, discover, define and prioritize Functional Capabilities in Business Requirements Document
· Worked with the business team to identify business need and created Use Cases using UML and managed the entire functional requirements life cycle using Rational Unified Process, Requisite Pro.
· Involved in Prioritizing system requirements and differentiated various requirements as per High priority, Medium priority and Low priority.
· Worked with testing team to develop and review the requirements traceability matrix and mapped it to the test cases.
· Collaborated with application architect and modeled various data models include conceptual data models, Physical data models and Logical data models using data modeling notations.
· Performed high level business requirements analysis and collaborated with system architect and solution designer and translated them into functional and non-functional specification document.
· Analysed system interaction and system architecture from the requirements and created UML Diagrams including Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams and Deployment Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams (DFDs), using Rational Rose and MS-Visio.
· Developed Business Process Flow using swim lane diagrams, Functional Specifications, and prepared Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Functional Specification Document (FSD).
· Authored design documentation which included: traceability matrices, functional specifications and Complex process and data flow diagrams using MS-Visio
· Facilitated Joint application development sessions and walk through between technical and business teams for meeting customer requirements as well as solving issues on a daily basic requirement such as, but not limited to, delays, documenting errors and incorporating software enhancements into design documents
· Involved in testing reports by validating the layout format against design, style, derived metric, dashboard and export functions of report in web environment.
· Review and Uploaded the Test Cases, Requirements, Test Plan, Test Data in to Quality Center
· Performed defect management by reviewing raised defects in HPQC and check the status of defect and assign them to the developers.
Environment: HTML, HPQC, HP QTP, PL/SQL, Microsoft.Net, SharePoint, MS Project, J2EE and Crystal Reports.
Government Of Saskatchewan Education, SK (Mar 2012 – Feb 2013)
Business System Analyst
Project: Web Portal Implementation
Saskatchewan’s educational system will foster the comprehensive and systematic development of knowledge, skills, dispositions and judgements essential for digital fluency in educators and students. The ministry and school divisions will work together to improve the digital fluency of all educators and students that is the development of strategic innovative and ethical producers’ consumers and managers of information, communications, media, and processes within evolving digital landscapes.
· Used RACI methodology to describe the roles and responsibilities of various teams or people in delivering the project.
· Performed the requirement analysis and collaborated with SME’s to develop in-detail System requirements and functional requirements document and managed requirements.
· Identified system interaction from the requirements and developed UML Use Cases using Rational Rose and developed a detailed project plan with emphasis on deliverable.
· Involved in JAD sessions, which helped synchronize the different stakeholders on their objectives and helped the developers to have a clear picture of the project.
· Interacted with Business Analysts, Programmers and users to understand detailed business process flows, new features and enhancements to manage testing assets in Quality Centre.
· Defining, documenting and translating high level business requirements from the system into detail functional specifications.
· Prepared Business Artifacts, technical specifications, documented Business Rules, Detailed Test Plans traced to Functional Requirements in Rational Requirements Composer tool for Solution Acceptance
· Organized several brainstorming session with development, business and project management team to resolve product related technical issues.
· Performed walkthrough session on performed Gap Analysis to stakeholders and SME’s and documented modifications and requirements.
· Developed templates for SRS, Detailed Design Document; requirements traceability matrix for Functional, Non-Functional requirements, User Acceptance and Integration Test Cases to ensure application’s full test coverage with MS Excel
· Conducted workshops to educate the business users about the business process and conducted training.
· Create risk assessment document with outstanding defect list and related risks.
Environment: SQL Server, HTML, Microsoft.Net, Oracle, Quality Center, Quick Test Professional, MS-Visio and SharePoint.
References Available up on Request