Shlomo Covrigaru, BA, MSc
416.880.1082 https://ca.linkedin.com/in/shlomoc email@example.com
IT Project/Program Manager, Cyber Security, Cloud Transformation, and Development
IT Manager & Project Manager with experience across multiple industries, including Finance, Retail, Telecommunications, Semiconductors, Real Estate, Engineering, and Start-Ups. Direct business technology and translate business needs into technical solutions. A leader with a passion for driving talents to success, recruiting and retaining engineers globally. Research and adopt new technologies and new ideas.
Translating business needs into technology solutions, managing the technology requirements.
Lead world class IT cloud infrastructure and support organization, 24x7x365 under SLA commitment.
Deep knowledge of infrastructure, technology, network, security, cloud, and databases.
Developing an IT and Cloud strategy, providing architecture vision, AWS Certified.
Deploying (Transformation) cloud-based solution (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
DevOps, WebOps, CI/CD pipeline
Vendor management, negotiation, SLA, IT Procurement, & Asset Management.
Project & Program Management Mission, Vision and execution, Business Plan, Roadmap, KPI’s
Change Management, Transformation, Service Strategy and Continuous Improvement- ITIL
Development Support Tools and methodologies, SDLC, Agile, and Waterfall
Information Security, Governance, Regulatory, Audit, Compliance, PCI-DSS, SOC II
Data Centre Strategy, Optimization, & Migration, DRP, High availability
Leader and expert in data mining, BI, Big Data, and Data management.
People leadership mentoring, coaching.
International Financial Data Services (IFDS), Toronto, ON 07/2018 – Current
Senior Technical Project Consultant (Contract)
As the Senior Technical Project Manager for the European Transformation program, provides a single point of contact for all the technical requirements from the concept, design, development, QA, through final implementation. Providing and facilitating the project scope and objectives, architecture design, oversees & coordinates all aspects of project, plan, direct, schedules, and project budgets ($25M).
· Leading technology teams, engineers and professionals across complex multi-squad technical, transforming to Private cloud solution using OpenShift and Docker.
· Preparing detailed project updates and manage work plans, budget and schedules from proposal design through completion and acceptance, using Jira, Confluence, Clarity, Visio, MS Project, MS Office providing tracking and status reports to all levels.
· Facilitating deep dives on key architectural decisions, evaluating trade-offs and risks, Providing clear direction and motivation to the teams for best practice cloud solution.
· Conducting project meetings, stands-up and being responsible for project deliverables. Keep the project team, stakeholders, and others informed about project status and issues that may impact a successful project completion.
· Evaluating existing technology standards and processes to ensure compliance with program-level requirements, security, and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), recommending and taking action to direct the analysis and direct solution to problems.
· Maintaining and evolving standard processes, templates and reporting requirements across the organization.
· Proficient at handling complex technical development concepts for integrations into project plan development schedules. Understanding of software development processes and the ability to interpret these for other team members.
VM FARMS, Toronto, ON 07/2017 – 02/2018
DevOps & Operations Delivery Manager / Infrastructure Project Manager
Managed software development (DevOps), Web operations (WebOps), provided cloud operations and security services. Oversaw a team and accountable for providing cloud infrastructure and hosting service, IT operation, cybersecurity, maintenance, tuning, and repaired on critical application and databases vulnerabilities. Drove the cybersecurity research and strategy, assisted customers with redundant, reliable, scalable and secure technology enabled them to keep their web up/running 24×7.
· Managed customers’ requirements for the cloud transitioning including infrastructure (IaaS) and platform services (PaaS), led a disaster recovery solution to provide All times Software as a Service (SaaS). Orchestrate the deployments for all the environments including Dev, Test (PAT), Production (PROD), and DR using automation tools like Docker, Kubernetes and automation scripts and Shell Scripts.
· Guided development (DevOps) to improve automation (Python, Bash) and reduce manual support, provided architecture vision and developed a cloud agnostic solution using tools like Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, and Docker.
· Rolled-out processes using agile tools like Zendesk and Zenhub built the analytic solution using power BI, supported decision making and KPI goal measurement.
· Advised on cloud infrastructure and architecture Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure platform, Guided new customers transitioning to cloud including infrastructure (IaaS) and platform services (PaaS), led a disaster recovery solution to provide All times Software as a Service (SaaS).
· Managed security activities and risk assessment, followed up with the SOC II security compliance requirements and the twelve-factor app methodology.
· Developed and maintained business plans, budget, roadmap, KPIs, and kept stakeholders communication to enable the company to grow.
· Conducted security process to review and understand customer application vulnerability and collaborated with the customers to identify and define high-level security requirements in their applications followed the 12-factor methodology.
· Recruited/Managed: Developers and Operations engineers (DevOps), Operation Sys Admin (WebOps), security experts, and Technical Account Managers (TAM).
AMD, Toronto, ON 04/2012 – 03/2017
Portfolio Program Manager, | 06/2015 – 03/2017
Managed cross-functional software development efforts, provided Linux and Microsoft software solutions. Led global internal teams and outsourced IT professionals (Business Analysts, Architects, Development, Implantation, Support, and QA) across parallel global projects.
· Executed software development programs with the customer unique technical requirements, development, test, and delivered, generating $170M revenue within the gaming and casino industry.
· Analyzed requirements for the business units and the clients (Lenovo, HP, Dell, Axell, etc.). Prepared specifications, analysis, and recommendations providing unique technology solutions to different customers which increased revenue.
· Ensure all the deliverables are stable, resilient to use, robust, reliable, secure, and standards compliance.
· Negotiated project budget and schedule, communicating to program stakeholders and senior level management.
· Developed multi-year roadmap aligned to company goals, managed development change requests and customer release.
· Directed team through the development life cycle, starting with requirements, scope, architectural proposal, and planning.
· Ensured new releases were produced on time, received robust test automation, and enabled for continuous delivery.
· Owned and hosted VP’s interlock communication session, providing senior management and stakeholder’s status, provided metrics reports and presentations.
· Determent and rolled-out processes and procedures, supporting very large programs in the highly-demanding industry.
· Review the technical designs and the solution proposals to propose or help identify viable, practical and cost-effective solutions to security problems
Software Development Release Manager / QA Program Manager | 04/2012 – 06/2015
Oversaw, in parallel, over 30 projects in multiple concurrent software release trains to ensure feature set development, bug fixes, quality/stability/robustness, and risk identification and mitigation in time for production.
· Led 1st-class software development solution used by millions of end users, generating $400M revenue.
· Executed software release management plans with knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC, Waterfall, Agile) from concept and design, ensuring customer enablement and meeting time-to-market requirements.
· Developed strategy with various project/product management teams in discrete graphics (dGPU), accelerated processing units (APU), embedded solutions, and related technologies (Multimedia, Computing, 3D Graphics), resulting in harmony solution.
· Participated as an SQA team member, managed formal QA manual/automated test strategies, tactics, processes, and procedures. Used Jira and Confluence to managed issue tracking and cross function communication.
· Worked with internal and external stakeholders globally.
· Guided the QA team to follow the security principles and developed a security test methodology, worked with the CISO team and implemented vulnerability tests.
TD BANK, Toronto, ON 11/2011 – 04/2012
Managed Audit and Security project at ITS Software and Database Engineering. Oversaw security and risk measurements, system testing, and infrastructure vulnerability.
· Collected data, financial expenses and work effort. Analyzed project progress. Identified and managed risks. Reviewed infrastructure architecture and logs (database log-in, DB requests), and advised on risks and variability.
· Contributed as a Security Consultant in technical meetings, identifying solutions and making recommendations.
· Reviewed infrastructure architecture and communication logs (database log-in, DB requests), and advice on risks and variability.
· Reviewed the database technical designs and access control proposal and help identify viable, practical and security problems.
· Scanned and reviewed infrastructure architecture and application logs (database log-in, DB requests), and advice on risks and variability.
· Demonstrated success facilitated discussions with functional owners in the organization, prepared gap analysis, threat, and impact assessment documentation.
· Collaborated with business partners and stakeholders to identify and define the security requirements, and managed the supporting documentation.
PLANOMATIC, Denver, CO 01/2011 – 10/2011
Project Manager / Consultant (Contract)
Led the website development and e-commerce web solution. Coordinated all the project phases, managed the scope, budget, resources, procurement, vendor contract deliverables, risk, quality.
· Manage all technology requirements and provided technical architecture vision, meeting new mobile trades. Implemented online security, protecting user privacy.
· Led cloud transformation, software migration, and automation to Amazon web server (AWS), enhancing accessibility, performance/scalability, and high availability.
· Managed PROD deployment on the AWS cloud, and implemented a full test cycle on a PAT environment.
· Advise on cloud infrastructure and security architecture, and managed the cloud transition.
· Provided technical architecture vision, meeting new mobile trades. Implemented online security, protecting user privacy.
PANORAMA SOFTWARE, Toronto, ON 07/2010 – 12/2010
Business Intelligence Consultant, (Contract)
Developed and consulted on Business Intelligence (BI) concepts, and promoted use of BI best practices.
· Developed out-of-the-box BI solutions, including statistical analysis, query usage data, and functional and analytical reports.
· Analyzed complex business problems and provided recommendations, improving the company’s analytic and reporting system.
· Created business needs proposals, estimates, and technical requirement documents in a timely and effective manner.
· Lectured and trained at Microsoft TECHDAYS across Canada on BI methodology, design, and build, and implemented self-service BI solutions, including Database architecture, SQL, OLAP, Oracle.
Additional Relevant Infrastructure Experience
Senior Infrastructure Program Manager | AMDOCS, USA, Canada, GTE International (USA), T-Mobile (USA) and Talk-Line (Germany). Tire2 support: Rogers (Canada), Western Wireless (USA), SBC (USA), E-Plus (Germany). Design, build, maintained, and support telecommunication infrastructure and data centres. Led and managed infrastructure activities for the telecommunication providers in North America and Europe. Design and implement data centres, managed deployment, hardware, OS (Unix, Linux, Microsoft), communication, databases, and tools. Planned and executed a nonstop COBIT DRP.
· Managed and delivered multi-millions dollars ($55M) infrastructure solutions to the telecommunication industry
· Performed technical requirement analysis, and provide an architecture proposal including hardware, 3rd party tools and data structure.
· Develop project charts, project scope, project plans, and budget estimates, business cases; participated as a regular member of the client Steering Committee.
· Planned and established a non-stop environment supporting high availability and disaster recovery plan (DRP).
· Led the task force team (Infrastructure and database experts) and provided the Tire 2 level support for technical issues.
Education & Awards
Master of Science (MSc), Computer Science, University of Derby, UK. Thesis: Security of Mobile Commerce
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Business Management, Second class Honors University of Derby, UK
PMP certification (in progress), PMI ID: 4908855 | Agile certification (in progress)
AWS Certified, ID: AWS00737293
Selected by AMD’s CEO, out of 12,000 employees, as the winner of 4th Quarter 2014 “AMD Way Award”
Publication: 7 Things You Need to Know About WebOps and DevOps.
Technical / Specialized Skills
Platforms & OS:
AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Cloud.ca, Windows, Linux, iOS, UNIX, Android, RedHat
MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Oracle, SQL, OLAP, NO-SQL, Arora DB,
Python, Java, NoDE.js, Go Lang, PHP, C/C++, HTML, XML, .NET, Ruby on Rails, FileMaker, CloverDX
Infrastructure and Technology:
Configuration Management: Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Perforce, Virtualization and Deployment: Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, Packer, Xen, Ansible, and OpenShift. Versioning: GitHub, Jenkins, Web Proxy: Nginx, Varnish, Haproxy, Cloudflare, Technology: Cloud Computing, Data centre, network, security, DRP, HA
ERP, SAP, BI, POS, WMS, Billing, Jira, Clarity CRM, Telecommunication, Banking, Big Data, IoT, Jira (Agile), Confluence, Zendesk, Zenhub, Zoho, Slack, Matter-most, GitHub, SharePoint, Active Directory, SCCM, Microsoft Office suite 2010 (Word, Excel, power point, MS Project, Visio, etc..).