firstname.lastname@example.org | +1-647-247-0803
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/withsaugata| Profile: https://www.saugatadas.net
15+ years of experience in the Software Industry with a reputation for motivating staff, achieving key performance metrics, and optimizing schedules to meet business demands.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Led globally dislocated teams to deliver work within budget to the Product Owner while ensuring timely completion of project deadlines
· Transformed large teams from waterfall to agile mechanism through Agile coaching and creation of Communities of Practice (CoP)
· Handled projects ranging in size from small to large-scale while supporting experimentation, growth in team’s T-shape profile and Systems Thinking
· Led large cross-functional scrum teams through long-term project phases while ensuring that the team could meet its commitments by removing any impediments they face
· Expertise in governance of “Definition of Done” and optimizing team velocity through WIP and batch size modulation
· Communicated progress to key stakeholders in the form of reports, status, and standard outward-facing artefacts
· Created close co-operation across all roles (including suppliers) and functions while removing barriers through Scrum of Scrum meetings
· Motivated and led Scrum/Kanban/Scrumban teams through strategic decision making to attain project goals using multiple facilitation and retrospective techniques
· Facilitated definition and refinement of User Stories to ensure healthy backlog maintenance
Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Alliance, February 2016
SAFe® (4.5) Agilist, Scaled Agile, Inc., Nov 2017
Agile expertise– Agile estimation and planning, Agile coaching, Scrum Master, user stories, TDD, daily scrum stand-up meetings, sprint reviews and retrospection techniques, sprint refinement, release planning, client interaction and negotiation, project initiation, project scope definition, facilitation techniques, SoW (Statement of Work) creation, governance policy creation, risk assessment, quality control, commercialization support, project closure, Agile Release Train, Building A Lean Portfolio, Scaled Agile process creation, continuous delivery, Continuous Integration, Scrum of Scrum, Design Thinking, Systems Thinking
Process– Waterfall model, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, Scaled Agile, Critical Path detection, SAFe Framework
Tools- Visio, Microsoft Project Plan, JIRA, Trello, Open Project, Microsoft Office (Excel/PowerPoint/Word/SharePoint), Gantt chart
Soft Skills– Communication management, team growth strategy creation, coaching and mentoring, facilitate decision making, discussions and conflict resolutions
Scrum Master (Senior Project Manager) | Nov 2012 – Present
· Led scrum teams of engineers and architects creating a market of 2 million devices for Europe/NAFTA(under Philips brand)– I applied Agile principles and Systems Thinking to makesure scrum teams, including third-party vendors, could meet their commitments. I led up to four scrum teams/year as a scrum master for geographically dislocated scrum teams, which contributed to an increase in the business volumes up to 2 million devices.
· Transformed multiple teams to Agile frameworkensuring quarterly profits in excess of $105 million– I established Agile processes, policies and built Communities of Practice to help the organization move towards an Agile framework. through effective time boxing, I successfully led cross-functional teams (including firmware/hardware/factory) towards successful business launch of product lines for 2015-2019 and creation of Continuous Delivery Pipeline to provide upgrades and releases ensuring a quarterly profit of $105 million. I further, established processes such as various retrospection techniques, facilitation techniques and Scrumban in order to increase team morale and ensure constant velocity throughout projects.
· Provided timely status updates and departmental representations towards all stakeholders– I managed Product Owners’ expectations and was responsible for reporting progress, including producing standard outward-facing artefacts to all stakeholders (including senior management) in an appropriate format. This comprised of risk assessment and mitigation information and helped us achieve project goals in reduced timeline without bloating team strength.
· Increased productivity in Android Hotel TV releases for NAFTAby 52%–Productivity increased by 52% due to implementation of Agile practices and policy modifications for NAFTA Android Hotel TV chain. I introduced SAFe practices such as Continuous Delivery Pipeline, Continuous Integration, Lean Practices, PI planning and System Demos. My successful handling of SoS (Scrum of Scrum) with 4-6 SMs and managing close co-operation between teams and Portfolio Managers led to a yearly growth of 44% in business volume in NAFTA region for FY 2017-18.
· Ensured savings of $150,000 while managing supplier management a budget of up to $2 million– Through proper SoW negotiation, following strict governance policies and affecting internal innovations, I have been able to effect savings of up to $150,000 per product while handling supplier budget of up to $2 million per product line.
· Enhanced all-round growth for teams leading to 40% rise in overall productivity– I built Agile teams through coaching, mentoring, effective conflict management and trust building mechanism while removing collaboration gaps. I also created healthy variability which reduced attrition to less than 2% for the teams for a five-year period. By encouraging experimentation and growth in T-shape profile I ensured the teams became profitable in a year-on-year basis and achieve 40% higher productivity.
AgreeYa Mobility Pvt. Ltd.
Engineering Manager | Jan 2010 – Oct 2012
· Established and led a team in a startup environment leading to business value of $1 million– Successfully managed and trained a team of 15 people using Design Thinking, which resulted in creation and maintenance of business worth approx. $1 million. Being responsible for hiring key resources for organizational growth, I transformed a 10-member team to a 55-member team.
· Ensured close co-operation with client for project timelines– Setup communication matrix with client; with continuous discussion about project scope, project planning, team scope, delivery estimation, and finalization of product specification, ensured project timelines to be in sync with client’s product release roadmap. I also conducted requirement gathering and analysis workshops to define scope of project for all stakeholders.
Azingo (a Motorola/Google company)
Senior Software Engineer| Sep 2007 – Jul 2008
· Designed and developed modules for Webkit-based Browser– Participated in project planning, requirement analysis, as well as documentation of functional and technical specifications.I handled architecture to integrate layered architecture of WebKit with central repository and platform security. This helped in launching a browser for smartphones based on LiMo architecture, which in turn resulted in early commercialization of Browser.
Nokia India Pvt Ltd
Senior Software Engineer| Jan 2006 – Sep 2007
· Designed and developed modules for PIM (Personal Information Management)– I was responsible for leading design and development of modules for Symbian based handsets in Nokia. I contributed significantly to requirement specification and architectural discussions ensuring successful launch of multiple handsets during 2006-2007.
Lucent Technologies (Bell Labs)
Software Engineer| Apr 2004 – Jan 2006
· Developed modules for EVDO technology– As part of team developing EVDO technology to be commercialized for Verizon Networks, I was responsible for developing server components to handle voice and data over same channels. I ensured efficient quality control of my modules and helped launch the product successfully.
M.Sc. in Economics[WES Canadian Equivalency – Master’s Degree], Lund University, Sweden, 2009
B.E. in Computer Science[WES Canadian Equivalency – Bachelor’s Degree (four years)], V.T.U, India, 2002