917-425 Wilson Avenue Kitchener, ON, N2C 2R8
Cell – +1 (226) 978-9974
Experience – 3 years 5 months
Email – email@example.com
LinkedIn – linkedin.com/in/aakanksha-singh
3+ years experienced in manual and web services testing seeking a challenging position in dynamic and growing software organization where my skills and knowledge can be best utilized to create digital masterpiece and be responsible to provide technical leadership, creativity, scientific approach, practical insights and technical judgment.
HIGHLIGHTS AND SKILLS
• Possess over three years of professional experience in software testing as a Quality Assurance Engineer Associate.
• Have 2+ years of experience in Web Services API Testing.
• ISTQB certified.
• In Depth knowledge of all phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) especially on Agile Scrum.
• Involved in Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing, Defect Re-testing, Defect Reporting, Core API testing, Business Services Testing, Database Testing, Test Estimation Activities and Case Triaging.
• Well versed with intricate Banking and Finance Services concepts.
• Well versed with tools like SOAP UI, COMPASS, TFS, JIRA, QC.
• Good hands on working with XML scripts and Mongo DB.
• Strong experience in Manual Testing using Black Box Testing Techniques.
• Experience in writing, reviewing, and executing test cases based on requirements.
• Actively participated in Open Houses and other quarterly and floor activities.
• Worked on Advanced Microsoft Technologies like .NET Core, WPF using MVVM approach and MVC project for Web development using ASP.NET Core framework.
• Designed and developed relational databases using Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
• Use Eclipse, Visual Studio 2017, Visual Studio Code and Brackets for development of web and Windows applications and GitHub and Tortoise SVN as a Project management tool.
• Create UML diagrams for Business Analysis using Microsoft Visio.
• Highly motivated and self-driven with a strong learning aptitude.
• Worked as an individual contributor and also as a member of a team.
• Confident, approachable, adaptable and quick learner with the ability to grasp new technologies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a professional demeanor gained through extensive interaction with clients, customers, higher management and working in an international environment.
Quality Assurance Engineer Associate (2013 – 2016)
DNA (Dot Net Advantage)
Clients: Banks and Credit Unions of US and Canada
DNA from Fiserv is a modern, flexible, real-time account processing platform with a unique open architecture and a person-centered data model. It helps financial institutions operate more efficiently, capture complete customer relationships and adapt to changing business needs.
• Completed training on Application and its features along with understanding and execution of test cases for 3 months followed by 3 assessments.
• Was part of the DNA’s REST API and SOAP API services testing team (July, 2014 – August, 2016)
• Created Manual Test Cases and API scripts.
• Performed regression and Smoke testing.
• Used Jira for bug management.
• Analyzed client cases and reported defects accordingly.
• Tested REST API and SOAP API scripts.
• Logged defects in QC and added test cases to test plans in QC.
• Performed defect Retesting and Security Testing.
• Written test cases for new functionalities from storyboards.
• Reported daily status.
• Attended daily meeting with onsite partners
Computer Application Development Post Grad Program
Conestoga College, Kitchener ON
• GPA – 3.56
Computer Application Security Post Grad Program
(2016 – 2017)
Conestoga College, Kitchener ON
• GPA – 3.65
Bachelors of Technology (Information Technology)
Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU), INDIA
Equivalent with a Canadian Bachelor Degree of Computer Application as per World Education Services.
(2008 – 2012)
Rewards and Recognition
• Recognized with Living Proof Level 1 Excellence award from manager for hard work and motivating other team members in January 2014.
• Appreciated by Business partners from onsite for client case analysis, high productivity and for written communication skills.
• Scored 94 %(Highest) in the assessment conducted after the training of DNA Application.
• Scored highest in the Deposits functionality assessment.
• Recognized with Certificate of Excellence (Outstanding Performer) by Business partners from onsite.
• ChocoArt: A commercial online shopping platform to sell homemade chocolates.
Technology used HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, jQuery, AJAX with Spring MVC, Hibernate and MySQL
• Swim-Pool: The main idea of the project is to gather popular information about swimming, and its benefits of swimming and have a swimming pool where users can participate in recreational swimming activities. This project was based on WordPress, SQLite, PHP and Angular JS.
ISTQB Foundation Level Certificate.
Interests & Extracurricular Activities
• Enjoy playing video games, reading books and swimming.
References Available upon Request