VTRAC Consulting Corporation
“Solutions for Growth”
Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Business Analyst – Mortgages and Lending, JOB No. 9079, Attention: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (416) 366-2600 x 236
Job No.: 9079
Position: Business Analyst – Mortgages and Lending
Position Type: Contract – 6 Months
No. of Positions: 2
Location: Toronto, ON
Description: The manager is looking for someone pretty senior on the business side to be more of a lead. Projects are not clearly defined. Need a candidate to help define the scope, lead end-to-end. Someone who can talk with legal and compliance to work through complex issues. Exposure to technology, but not looking for a technical candidate. Three different portfolios supported – Mortgages and Lending, Deposits, Insurance. This is a fast paced environment. Resources will be challenged and need to hit the ground running.
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
• 10+ years’ experience required
• Ability to create business solutions that increase competitive advantage
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Project management skills in order to handle diverse projects, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines
• Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
• Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
This team is on the business side – they work with the Tech Team, but the manager is not looking for a technical profile. Has crossover with PM responsibilities and the manager would be open to a PM candidate, but this role will require more hands-on work like reviewing test cases that a typical PM role would not do.
– Experience in secured lending (mortgages, GICs, insurance or secured lines of credit)
– Good mix of experience with business and technology projects.
– Strong past finance experience
– Strong Stakeholder management experience
– Extremely strong communication skills (written and verbal) as they will be presenting to advisory committee and to director-level
– Experience with people change management packages
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.