VTRAC Consulting Corporation
“Solutions for Growth”
Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Analyst, Treasury Product Control
JOB No. 9070, Attention: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (416) 366-2600 x 236.
If you have recently obtained a contract position through VTRAC and still on the project, please contact us for status update.
Job No.: 9070
Position: Analyst, Treasury Product Control
Position Type: Contract – 6 MONTHS
No. of Positions: 1
Location: Toronto, ON
Description: : As an Analyst for the Treasury Accounting and Product Control Centre of Excellence, the resource will join Bank’s Finance department to produce daily Profit & Loss and Risk reporting to Front Office and Finance stakeholders, be accountable for variance analysis and reconciliation, as well as P&L decomposition and explanatory review.
The resource will also assist in verifying the accuracy of booked trades, anticipate, investigate, and resolve a variety of changing and diverse problems in order to ensure that daily reporting requirements are met. The biggest focus is on daily reporting as a key control function. This resource will also act as a point of escalation for more junior analysts.
– Produce daily Risk and Profit & Loss (P & L) reports for various groups, prepare commentary and analyses to explain, day over day, month over month, and quarter over quarter P&L fluctuations, and produce month-end packages.
– Provide supporting/analytical activities to various business groups.
– Assist in verifying the booking of trade tickets, conduct GL and P&L reconciliation and provide comments and analysis, and adhere to regulatory guidelines.
– Confirm and reconcile closing market risk positions to ensure Front Office has accurate information for hedging its portfolios, and perform daily control and reconciliation of systems to ensure accuracy.
– Assist with business initiatives and projects, assist in the development of new reports, and testing of new systems and or processes to ensure accuracy and completeness.
– Document, maintain, and understand the various organizational controls as they relate to assigned books, and take preventative action to head off anticipated problems.
Nice to Have:
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
– Must have strong attention to detail.
– Strong communication and relationship building skills.
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.